Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Destination: Barcelona

It's raining again in Rome. And my umbrella is breaking for sure. I think just one... maybe two more days of rain, and then we should be through it.

But no matter! Because last night Carolyn and I booked our first trip out of Italy! I'm going to use a lot of exclamation points here, because it's really exciting! !! Okay, that's enough of that. We booked a flight for 8:00 Thursday night for only E30.00 and Sunday morning for E20.00. E50.00 round trip! Straight from Rome Fiumicino to Barcelona International Airport. It's a pretty good deal, for all that are unaware. So we also booked a hostel for three nights even though we don't get to Barcelona until pretty late. (Not too late though, I swear). Carolyn and I are pretty excited, though.

I'm hoping there will be some Flamenco style dance breaking out in the streets. For my photo project, dontchaknow. Or something remotely cultural.

We have to do some research to figure out what goes on there, and what there is to do. We're kind of thinking that we might just wander around. The hostel is about a block off of a metro stop, so we're going to go into the center of Barcelona and walk around all day, wander, get back to the hostel, hang around. Arc de Triomf, Palau de la Musica Catalana (for project) whatever we happen to see while we're walking.

But that's the plan. 8:00 Thursday night, getting into Barcelona at 9:40 (for E30.00), getting to the hostel early evening (E19.00 a night) and leaving early Sunday morning at 9:15 (E20.00). Figuring in trains and taxis, we came up with around E130.00 and assuming we don't spend too much on food, and I'll by a postcard or some such there, and call it a weekend.

I'm excited. Expect photographs! We're so excited to go. First trip of many, I hope. And then, the following weekend is Tunisia, so expect molto molto fotografia! I think more things are going to be planned tonight, too. I know I have a whole bunch of ideas.

So that's trip numero uno!
<3

No comments: